Friday, November 28, 2014

Yeah, It's Cold Outside

If human hibernation was a thing, I'd totally be into it. Not so much to sleep; more to avoid the cold and snow. As difficult as it is at times to appreciate anything about winter, my choice to focus on the positive, has led me to finding some key things that are good about this time of year.

When the sun shines on freshly fallen snow, I cannot deny how beautiful it is. The sunsets that the cold weather produces are astonishingly beautiful. Crisp, vibrant colors, against the bright contrast of white...it's a sight that can leave me awestruck for a few moments.

Hot coffee, cocoa, whiskey, and almost any stew are the perfect pairings when the temperatures are far too low for my liking. Warm, fuzzy pajamas, fleece socks, blankets and my fantastic collection of Acorn slippers...these are the things that I look forward to when the leaves abandon the trees. Oh, and I can't forget my two favorite things; knee socks and scarves!

I might loathe the frigid air like almost nothing else, but if it weren't for a freezing climate, I'd never have discovered the things that I've come to enjoy. While the weather has yet to really dip as low as is characteristic of this time of year, I'm already getting re-acquainted with those amazing creature comforts. My fabulous knee socks, fuzzy robe, glass of wine, and fleece blanket are getting comfy on the couch...maybe a movie is in order tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment