It seems somewhat odd to write about what I'm thankful for, given that the basis for each and every post in this blog is dedicated to being grateful. I've been fortunate to lead a full, happy life. Even more so, because I've gotten better at making any moment one that's rooted in happiness.
Sure, nearly anything I say about the incredible friends and family I have, seems redundant. They're supportive, loving, encouraging, funny, and seem to always be exactly what my life needs the moment they show up. The thing is, what is any of that worth if we don't sound like a broken record when we talk about it? Isn't it better to celebrate the wonderful things we have over and over, than to lament repetitively? That kind of positive energy certainly has a more profound effect on the world around us.
When you think of what you're thankful for, share it. Don't worry about how many times you've said how 'awesome' your bestie or mom is. If something makes you burst out laughing, don't try and stifle it. Smile, not just with your face, smile with every ounce of happy you possess. And never stop being thankful for all the things that help you recognize, exercise, and own your happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment