I might not always live within an hour's drive of my mother. One day we may again find ourselves states apart. Until that day, I plan on taking full advantage of being so close, and seeing her whenever possible.
Tomorrow my youngest son and I will head to my parent's to help them prepare for Thanksgiving dinner Thursday. Everyone typically brings a dish or two, but this year my mom isn't able to do much of what she normally does. So, given the fact that I have successfully avoided having to host any such gathering thus far, I figured I could do a bit more this year.
In all honesty, I'm happy to be able to help. My parents do so much for our family, and hosting our get togethers is no small feat. I don't often get to cook with my mother. During the short time the boys and I lived with them, it was usually either her or me cooking, but never the two of us. Tomorrow we get to do just that, and a little mother-daughter bonding as well.
Really, the holidays are suppose to be an opportunity to connect and strengthen the bonds of family. Again, I am fully aware how fortunate I am, and I'm taking full advantage of it. I don't love the commercialism we are surrounded by during this time of year, but knowing the real benefit of time together, I'd say my family has everything that no Black Friday shopping spree could ever provide.
No comments:
Post a Comment