Monday, November 24, 2014

I Can Totally Give Thanks, And Skip The Turkey

In the past three weeks, I have not consumed beef, pork, or poultry. Pescetarianism isn't as difficult as I'd thought it would be. While I don't have any plans to make this a permanent way of life, I have to admit that overall, I feel better. The full impact of what that means aside, I haven't had any strong meat cravings the way I expected I would.

I've long been an active carnivore; I love the stuff. The problem with that is that I tend to overindulge. Even with that propensity, I haven't had any real urge to cheat. Until seeing a cheesy stack of burgers in my newsfeed on Facebook tonight. Oh. My. Gawd. I miss cheeseburgers!

With the day of turkey worship upon us, I realize this will be my first Thanksgiving not enjoying white or dark meat. No wing, no leg, no gravy laden slice of holiday heaven. The thing is, I'm surprisingly okay with it.

I suppose that feeling good really does wins out over any cravings. This holiday I have the opportunity to celebrate with family, and a completely changed up menu. New experiences are the stuff life is made of. Bring on the quinoa, vegetables, and gluten free desserts!

No comments:

Post a Comment