Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Do What You Know You're Good At

Entrees, sides, and desserts are made. Pretty grateful that I don't have to be involved with the turkey. That particular part of this holiday has always sketched me out. Like, I can cook all day long, but the thought of cooking a turkey just scares me.

Despite the fact that I'm not eating it this year, it has always been the center of most Thanksgiving dinners. The pressure to not overcook (or undercook) this bird, well, it's just too much for me. I'd rather leave that part up to someone else. I'm sure I could manage, but I'm good avoiding that particular responsibility for as long as I can.

I like cooking, just not turkey. I figure most everyone would be happiest if things continue that way. I know I am. I'll take on cakes, cookies, pies and vegetables any day; every day. There really is no reason to mess with what works.

Whatever you're doing, whatever dish you're making, put your all into it and celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment