Whenever I feel stress creeping in, trying to undermine my happiness, I have to stop and step back long enough to really see the situation for what it is. Perspective is everything. Embracing the power to just be happy, comes with the ability to keep yourself in check. For me, identifying stress means I missed a step and need to refocus.
Overall these days, I don't find that I'm experiencing the level of stress that I've known in the past. It just doesn't have time to build and take root anymore. Sure, this sometimes means I bite off more than I can chew, leaving me scrambling to get through it all, but it also means that I don't fall far from the progress I've made. I am still within a thought's span of regaining the happiness I've come to appreciate, and love.
I think that in making better choices, I've also taken a path that doesn't subject me to as many negative pitfalls as I once encountered. And when the big stuff that isn't necessarily energy driven by me pops up, I'm definitely more prepared to work through it. At least when it deals with me; when another person is involved, I still have a long way to go before I can fend off the 'what ifs', and make decisions without letting my emotions and empathy slow me down. Yeah, still a work in progress, but progress is being made.
No comments:
Post a Comment