Today was a great day. Nothing phenomenal happened, but it was great just the same. The best part about it is that no matter how many times an ordinary day leaves me feeling like something wildly epic took place, it's still just as exciting as it's always been.
I worked, I spent time with my sons, and I cooked. Work was enlightening; not amazingly so, but more about this new role became clearer, and that's a good thing. My sons...what can I say? They make me laugh (usually over something inappropriate), which is something I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. Nothing. And cooking, well that consumed a good part of my evening. There is just something about preparing the very thing that helps us sustain life. It doesn't have to be boring, and I certainly love those times that it is anything but tedious.
Much of the day passed at a constant pace, but I managed to take in more than I often do. I experienced life in several ways today, and that in and of itself is cause for a declaration of greatness. It's days like this that make me want to push pause and hold onto it all just a little longer, and want to welcome tomorrow as soon as possible all at the same time. Today was a great day, indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment