Sunday, November 23, 2014

If It Doesn't Fit, Stop Trying To Wear It

Sometimes to figure out what you want, you need to recognize the things you don't want. I've been slowly weeding through my life, parting ways with the things and people that I don't feel are suited for the happiest journey. There are options to just alter the role, but most of the time it's a total '86ing.

It might seem callous, but happiness doesn't bloom well under the weight of things that produce negativity. That is not to say that the things and people we part ways with are negative; just that the combination of them and our lives is. If the fit isn't right, it's best we just continue shopping.

Though I can't say for sure what I want in all areas of my life, I am getting far better at identifying what I don't want. Even more, I'm owning it, and resisting the urge to avoid the inevitable. Not only does my own happiness depend on it, but the happiness of others does as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment