Occasionally, I find myself in the position of having to play catch up. Lately, it seems to apply to almost every facet of my life. I'm not entirely sure of exactly how I managed to fall behind in so many areas, but I have little doubt there is a lesson or two that I'm in the midst of learning.
As I take notice of the things I've let slack, it has become increasingly tough to avoid feeling overwhelmed. Even more difficult is not chastising myself for it all. I'm behind on blog posts, derelict in my house cleaning duties, and absent minded about deadlines. Thankfully, I have the entire first half of the day to make some actual progress before football is on.
I am quite sure that the most important lesson this current game of catch up has presented, is that sometimes being in the moment and enjoying life as it's happening is more important than meeting deadlines and tidying up your abode. Sure, it would be understandable to become frustrated when I compare where I am to where I expected to be with regard to those things I've let myself fall behind doing. After all, we set goals and expectations to measure our progress and success. I'm not making much forward progress at the moment, but maybe I'm making the kind of forward movements that are harder to see, and take a bit more time.
At any given moment, I am exactly where I am suppose to be; doing what I am supposed to do, and actively living as the person I need to be in that very second.
No comments:
Post a Comment