I found out that I'm more determined than I thought I could be. Despite experiencing repeated pain - they kind that makes you want to pull away from the source immediately, I sat for 8 and a half long hours, while the most talented tattoo artist I've ever known turned my arm into an art filled canvas. That's just three hours shy of the labor I had for my first child. Both ordeals were the result of my own doing, and they both produced something that far exceeded what I paid for in pain.
Now, no a tattoo (even one that is far more art than ink) isn't the same as a child, but the analogy works fairly well. And the pain I felt was nearly as difficult to process, while trying to stay focused on the end. Aside from the amazing and vibrant product of a true artist's touch, I was granted no day after pain. That is truly something to celebrate.
I often overlook how much effort or motivation I have to get things done. Most of the time it's because I'm in it, and don't stop to recognize it for what it is. When I do stop long enough to see it, I become even more aware that that drive and determination only comes from a positive place. The only things that can push you through negative experiences and emotions are positive thoughts.
After a long and painful day, I am more cognizant than ever that I am where I am in life because I choose to embrace the positive no matter how hard it might be. I choose to turn the negativity into energy. I choose to be happy and enjoy life every single chance I get.
No comments:
Post a Comment