I had a moment today where I was fully aware my thought process was 'geeking out' over work. The second the flow of information between aspects of what I'm working on clicked in my head, it was all I could do to focus on getting the task done. The fun of realizing I understand something I might never have thought I would, makes my mind go a hundred miles an hour.
That feeling is reminiscent of how it felt when something exciting happened as a kid. Even if it all stays confined to my head, the boost of adrenaline is the same. I'm fairly sure people around me would be quite thankful that I've managed to contain that energy, and process it quietly within myself. And truth be told, I am too.
Learning is something I hope I never stop doing. The expansion of who I am, knowledge of what I am capable of, and the bigger picture of the world around me are things I could not live without. The more new things I try, the better I am at navigating through the days. It's easier to stay positive when the outlook of life is based on all the things you know. That experience is priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment