Low key days are good for a number of reasons. The lack of activity allows us to recharge ourselves, and the way that most of us run around these days, this is something we can all use. It gives much needed comparison to great days, stressful days, sad days, and busy days, so that we never lose sight of how they all differ. But most of all, at least in my opinion, low key days give us an opportunity to search deep within ourselves to find something to be grateful for.
When happy moments, or things worth celebrating aren't overflowing around us, we should make the most of being able to exercise focus, and finding a way to appreciate things that often go unseen. It might be tempting to chalk an uneventful day up to one that is lackluster, but that would just be giving into negative energy. And that just defeats the whole point of finding the happy in the most ordinary and simple things.
It may not have been the best day, but without days like this, I doubt I'd get the full effect of those amazing days. I found moments to ponder, to smile about, and to be thankful for. Best of all, the day is nearing its end and I have no complaints worth taking up space that is better filled with positive energy.
No comments:
Post a Comment