Friday, December 26, 2014

Nothing Much, But It's All Good

A good part of enjoying the world around you, is being open to it. It's good to plan things, but even better to make sure there is enough time built in for spontaneous surprises, and the occasional wandering down a side road or two. Sometimes getting from the point of intention to the point of completion, absolutely requires exploration along the way.

I often get wrapped up in my day, so when opportunity presents itself, I entertain those unplanned distractions. Of course, what may start out as a distraction can turn into the highlight of your day. Even if it doesn't, there's usually something positive to be gained by allowing yourself to be distracted every once in awhile.

Depending on what the spontaneous activity is, I often return to whatever task I stepped away from in a more energetic mood; quite possibly in a far better space to do the job than I originally had been. This is even better if I've been laboring over something that I couldn't figure out, because nothing beats looking at something perplexing, or difficult with fresh perspective. I've found that many frustrating tasks have been tackled more swiftly when I let myself wander away for a little bit, and return recharged.

Life. It happens every moment; even the seemingly small ones in between the big things. What a shame it would be to waste even a second.


No comments:

Post a Comment