In order to anchor the tree to the wall, we had to rearrange the living room this year. Having a kitten is wrought with possible catastrophes (pun-intended) I hadn't considered in all my years of having cats. I tend to get fairly habitual about many of our traditions, particularly in the execution of things, so it's good to change it up a little from time to time.
Thus far, Oliver has avoided the tree. Granted, we haven't adorn it with baubles, ribbon, and tempting ornaments waiting to be batted at by little paws. The promising thing at the moment, is that he seems rather disinterested in this decorative addition. I think I will enjoy the first night with our tree still standing, even without all the festive ... and I spoke too soon. He is checking it all out as I type ... and he's over it. I whole heartedly believe in the effectiveness of Feliway spray and infusers.
I do hope we get the opportunity to capture him sleeping under the tree at some point this holiday season. One of our favorite things about this time of year was when our late cat, Simsim would curl up beneath the branches and sleep, seemingly more content than ever before. Far from wanting him to replace the fur baby we lost, I'm hoping he shows us something about this time of year that we've missed until he arrived.
No comments:
Post a Comment