I am so thankful for the 'mute' button on my phone...particularly on conference calls where I am frustrated by other participants and their lack of focus. It is definitely not easy to maintain composure, when faced with the slow, and lackluster work ethic of those who surround us. Luckily, there are appropriate moments when we can just excise those negative feelings, and free ourselves from the things we cannot control.
While I cannot hold everyone to my work standards, I'm sure there are those who live above and beyond me in terms of their drive and dedication, who might view me in much the same way. There's an odd sort of rightness in that strange imbalance. I can see those who frustrate me, knowing I will continue to do what I need to avoid ever becoming like them; and then those who astound me, just help me hold myself accountable for where I am at in life, not to mention set the examples for where and who I want to be.
Everything we encounter in life has some sort of purpose; everyone, a specific role. We cannot expect to pass our days solely in the company of those who are most like us. Variety is the basis for change, and evolving is really what we as humans were designed for. It doesn't matter what those steps of progress end up being; in the end, we all drive the evolution of our species. Who made the biggest strides, and who slacked off the most ... in the big picture, the differences aren't as important as the collective momentum.
So, I can certainly exercise my irritation, and vent so that I can move on, but it is wise to also remember that every person serves a purpose. My lack of patience, or understanding has everything to do with me, and how I react to those around me. At the end of the day, the corporate machine is still churning away, and I have the choice to push forward, letting my anger go, or I can let it consume me, and mire me in the spot I am; stunting my own progress and growth. Without a doubt, I'm going to feel the frustrations, vent, and let it go, because while I may not know exactly why I'm here, I do know that my life is at its best when I'm moving forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment