Well, what is left of our artificial tree made it through the past 24 hours. Now, if it just makes it through another 8 days. Next year, we may just try a real tree, and I'm going to research specific firs that our furball doesn't want anything to do with. I hope.
I've become less and less interested in the whole Christmas thing, and having my tree nearly annihilated just makes it even more difficult to get into. At the moment, it hardly feels like the holiday season, except for all the annoying commercialism. I don't know, maybe it's just my frame of mind that has kept me from being able to really get into the season.
In less than two weeks the craziness of this time of year will have passed, and there will finally be a reprieve from the onslaught of greed and distractions disguised as needs. Until then, I will continue to enjoy the near ignorance I have to the nonsense. I'm far more content getting consumed in my own life. Far more meaningful, with benefits that outlast a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment