Friday, December 12, 2014

Just A Word Or Two...

So what if the highlights of my day were finally understanding something is actually not working at work (yay, it isn't me being numb!), and scoring my second Duchess rating on Yelp. I'm relatively easy to please. No, really, I am.

I decided that two days of being a shut in because I felt like ass was plenty long enough. Doesn't matter if I feel 100% yet or not, there is life out there to be lived, and I am not taking a backseat one more day. Sure, I might feel a little worse than I do right now when I wake up in the morning, but I don't care...not even a little. I can sleep long and peaceful when I die.

Apparently, Oliver the kitty feels similarly. Riley and I came home from dinner at Dogfish, to ornaments strewn about the floor, and ribbon sagging down one side of the tree. Clearly, someone had a hand...paw in this mess. I scolded him, and now he's lying in a purrfectly adorable ball under the colorful glow of lights. I don't want him wrecking the decorations, but I didn't expect anything different ;)

Live life while you are able. There are no guarantees, and every day, no matter how shitty you may feel, is a gift. Opportunities are meant to be taken, not watched as they pass by. Get out there and own your world!

No comments:

Post a Comment