It never gets old, listening to music. Particularly when the effects are so absolutely incredible. I love music, but I especially love the kind that penetrates my skin, and consumes me entirely. The type that I can't turn off, and wish the intensity would just continue to multiply.
Sometimes, it's like a creative explosion is being triggered, and I can't get the words out fast enough, because I've let it sit dormant for too long. There are some artists - songs, that shake me into the realization that I have been lazy, and ignoring the craziness that makes me who I am. An absolute train wreck, who's brand of crazy isn't obvious, or understandable to everyone. People who live on the same frequency in life, well they get it right away. There is no possible way I could hide it from them; we are drawn to, and identify with our own brand of crazy.
Silversun Pickups...they bring out every ounce of the desire to let go and see what happens. It's impossible for me to hold still, and even more so to resist the urge to just let every word imaginable flow from my head to my fingers, and onto the screen. And at the same time, I can't find the best place to begin. One day, I will find myself in a place where the neighbors are far enough away that I can listen to every last song of theirs loud enough to dominate every other sensation, drink enough good scotch to just let every word out - just to see, to finally see all the craziness and stories I've kept closed up inside of me. That one day is coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment