Occasionally, I wake up knowing that I have traveled further away from a goal than I intended. When I first get distracted, it is often by things in daily life, but before I know it, I'm in full-on avoidance mode. And that's how I end up half a world away from where I had thought I'd be.
As it is with every day, each time I realize I'm not where I was intending to go, I have the chance to get back on the path I had been on. Even those days of total lack of motivation seem to be reset by going to sleep. A new day brings another opportunity to do more, see more, and be more - regardless of what you did, or didn't do the day before.
Maybe it's just a clever way of allowing ourselves to procrastinate, but I'd rather think of it as making the hours mean more than whatever a straight path to one goal might. Today I did more than just remember I had something I'd been forgetting to do; I took stock of all the things I have done in the time I've stepped way from where I had been going. Those things mean as much, if not more, than how quickly I accomplish one goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment