Wednesday, December 10, 2014

No Fat Lady Is Singing Anytime Soon

I'm not yet who I am suppose to be. Close, but there are things I haven't done, people I haven't met yet. Without those things, I can't possibly be all that I am capable of being.

If I am to be completely honest, I don't know that I ever want to be 100% the person I was meant to be. There would be nothing to work towards, no new lessons, the circle would be complete. I'm not ready for that; not ready for the end.

Knowing that there are many things I have yet to do, and many souls I have left to encounter, it's tough to pace myself, and stay in the here and now. When you realize how much there is to do and see, containing the excitement is a challenge all on its own.

When I look back, I see how far I've traveled. The road has been paved with more emotion than I might have imagined, but so much that I am thankful for. While I cannot see what is ahead, the journey so far has convinced me that new days are full of more potential, the rest of my time here is full of so much possibility. How I choose to live those moments, well that is what will make me who I am, and lead me to the people who will shape the rest of my life.

Bring on tomorrow; bring on the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment