Having a direction in life, particularly from week to week, is far better than spinning your wheels. Along with experience, I gain knowledge, and as long as I"m learning, it's a great existence. The wonderful thing for me is that I'm rarely without direction, because my sons keep me going in the rare event that my own life grows stagnant.
Purpose is literally the fuel to move forward. It gives us the momentum to get through the good and bad. We are far more likely to try things, if we know the feeling of purpose.
I can't imagine I might have done much of what I have, if I hadn't understood the point of purpose. If I hadn't realized that the energy that comes from being productive and focused is worth more than moping around, being lazy, or entitled, I'd be stuck in some negative hell. Bully for me, I didn't ignore the life around me, and I learned how to work for the things I find have value.
No comments:
Post a Comment