Sunday, December 7, 2014

Unexpected Moments, How Do You Deal With Them?

When things don't go as planned it can be aggravating; depending on the situation. Being able to step back and find the opportunities to make something good out of the unexpected is all that stands between maintaining a positive energy, and succumbing to negativity. I've worked too hard on filling my life with positive things to let mishaps ruin it all.

This doesn't mean that I've reached the point of being to instantaneously push negative reactions to unforeseen, or undesired results aside. No, I'm still working on that. Given that a life time of reacting to the world around me has led to where I am today, it isn't likely I'll ever fully reach the point of being unaffected. I can't say I ever want to; what would I gain if there are no lessons to be learned?

What matters right now, is that my reaction redirection is far more quick than it use to be. I might feel the disappointment or anger spark, but I rob it of oxygen the moment I recognize what is happening. The moment I stop doing that, well, that's when I've lost all ground.

Most days pass without any real upsets, and on those occasions when things get messed up, I know I'm getting a workout on my ability to stay balanced. Emotional and intellectual equilibrium are must-haves, so honing all the ways to maintain them is crucial to staying happy. Today, I'm feeling the burn. What a workout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment