Sunday, December 28, 2014

Time Is Of No Consequence When There Is Trust

The best part of any day, is coming home. Unless, of course, I never left to begin with. I enjoy being out and spending time with the people in my life, but there is nothing like being home, all cozy on my couch.

It was the best of three worlds today. I spent the morning over Bloodies with a one of my dearest friends, the afternoon with the grandmother I gained when my mother married my step-father, and tonight I am home all comfy watching Harry Potter movies with my youngest. It doesn't need to ever be better than that. Lucky for me, it sometimes does.

The beautiful thing about finding the positive in nearly everything, is you learn to be grateful for the simplest of things. I can't imagine anyone ever feeling they have to go to great lengths to impress me; it's as easy as just showing up and being yourself. I've always tried to carry a relatively laid back, yet still quite interested presence. The best way to get to know a person for who they truly are, is to be open, and conduct yourself on a frequency that others' energies are attracted to. It isn't foolproof, but most people who know me, recognize and appreciate this quality.

I appreciate it, and continue to actively utilize it, because hearing about another person's life - the every day things, and the exceptional things, has always made finding a positive energy so much easier. When I share things with other people, I have to be comfortable with them enough to trust them. It is a compliment of the highest kind to be welcomed into the world of another person. A most treasured honor. When that kind of trust is extended, there is no rush to get to the end of the story; there is only gratitude for being given such an amazing gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment