Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Believe You Are Worth Great Things, No Matter What Those Things Are

Like most people, I thoroughly enjoy having new things. I may not enjoy shopping for them, but once I have something new, it's nearly impossible to contain the excitement. Mind you, the smile I wear when I put on a new shirt, or sweater, is a bit different than when I activate a new cell phone. The one thing they have in common however, is that the pleased as punch feeling generates from the same place; I worked my butt off, so that I can enjoy new things once in awhile.

Regardless of what I may or may not accrue in possessions as a result of hard work and true effort, I will always be happy at the end of the day, when I know I really applied myself. Just having pride in who I am, gives me the confidence to continue striving to be the best me possible. If that effort is rewarded in a way that allows me to explore a new look, or a better piece of tech, I see no reason to avoid indulging a bit. As long as I continue to be the truest version of myself, I won't lose sight of the things in life that matter the most.

Much like the distractions of life that have sometimes lengthened my path to a goal, enjoying the tools of the age we live in can be beneficial as well. Perspective and mindfulness are necessary to maintain balance, but being able to just have fun, treat ourselves, and still be all right when we don't splurge...that's when you know you're doing something right. Enjoy life, however you are able to, and you'll find happiness presents itself far more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment