Friday, December 5, 2014

What A Week!

What a week! Crazy weather, birthdays, and a whole lot of emotions. This time of year is always jam-packed, and never, ever boring.

While my own birthday did not make me feel any older, the reality that my first child is turning 19 definitely does. I can't fully remember what I felt like as a person, before I became a mother, but I really have no desire to know a life without him either. Who I am today would not be possible had I not been blessed with the responsibility and joy of raising this boy.

I remember my own mother having moments of tears as she faced the reality that her girls were growing up quite vividly. My response was a rolling of the eyes, and an exasperated lack of understanding as to what 'the big deal' was. Oh how I now know exactly what the big deal is!

There are times when the reaffirmations in life are far more obvious than others. I am grateful for these moments, because they emphasize the wonder and meaning that make my life so amazing. This isn't getting older, it's getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment