Thursday, December 25, 2014

Is Your Heart Full To Bursting, And Are You Sharing It With Others?

Time is truly winding down now. Just another six posts after this one, and the year will be complete. I'll save my reflection for the 31st, and continue to focus on what is right in life at this moment.

My sons are, as many of these posts have described, the absolute best things in my life. It isn't often that we get to enjoy a quiet Christmas at home, watching movies, and just being around one another. There may not have been snow on the ground, and it may have felt a bit strange not rushing out the door to attend a family party, but it most assuredly felt like the kind of Christmas I find worth celebrating.

In keeping with my departure from commercialism, our gift giving was modest; something I am quite proud of my boys for embracing. This was also the first year we did not have our coffee and breakfast while enjoying the lights of a Christmas tree. As the sky darkened, and we moved into the evening hours, I smiled to myself - one less thing to tear apart, and put away!

When the boys were much younger, I don't think I ever enjoyed just watching them bubble over with excitement on this day. There were too many things to get ready for, and I simply wasn't relaxed, or happy enough as a person, to sit back and take all of their wonder and energy in. I could allow myself to run through the 'wish I had' and 'if only' routines, but that would just steal even more precious time away that I can spend focused on all of the blessings I have at this moment.

I may have let years escape, unappreciated, but what is important is that I'm fully immersed in life now. However many years are yet to come, I have no doubts that they will be soaked for every ounce of happy they contain. And just for good measure, I plan on creating as many silver lining moments as I possibly can, in between all that life will most assuredly present.

No comments:

Post a Comment