Saturday, December 27, 2014

Lucky Doesn't Even Come Close

A full day in every possibly good way, and I'm completely exhausted. Time with family is typically fun, though when there is lots of laughter, it's fantastic. Add in the fact that it's the holiday season, and it's as near complete as possible.

Good food, fabulous drinks, and the best company a person could be born into; yeah, my family is awesome. I believe that the ease with which I've been able to step further away from the over-commercialized version of Christmas is because my family has always made this season's celebration about spending quality time together first. It is without a doubt, my biggest advantage in life to have this amazing family.

Somewhere, somehow, just for good measure, I was also given family members of my choosing, when I was blessed with some of the most incredible people as friends. I have more that I could have ever thought to want, or ask for; a fact that is never far from my conscious mind. Were it possible to share these gifts with others, I would. In a heartbeat. Reflection of the day's positive energy aren't the least bit challenging; on the contrary, I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around how fortunate I truly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment