This is it; the 366th (and final) post. Though the daily musings have run their course, I will continue to utilize this blog, as I like the idea of focusing on life's silver linings. While it's never easy 'ending' something, I try to think about all the beginnings that end has led me to.
There are three things that I know for certain, as I look back on the year that was 2014. One, is that I still have a ways to go before I've learned how to let disappointments go more easily. The second, is that even despite the first thing, I have grown as a person in every single area, both personally and professionally. Lastly, each and every experience during the past 366 days has brought me to this very moment; capable of continuing on, or making the decision to try something new. There were some difficult moments, for sure, but I couldn't imagine having it play out any differently.
I have learned to embrace my strengths; pushing myself to do things I had previously avoided simply because I thought I wasn't capable. My conviction and love of the inner me has grown, and I no longer 'make do'; I know my worth, and I've finally started living life believing it. My compassion has become so much more inclusive, it is hard to remember some of the close-minded views I once held about how people live their own lives.
The people I encountered varied in lifestyles, and I am certain their paths intersected with mine to broaden my thinking, deepen my emotion, and prepare me to live with a less restricted soul. 2014 will definitely be the year that I know I stopped limiting myself, and started living life in bigger ways. I have never wanted, or aspired to perfection. I love this life, the people in it, the unknown of tomorrow, and the possibilities of the year to come.
My wish to all who's life has touched my own, is that you wake up in the new year with a wider field of vision, more confidence than you've ever allowed yourself, bigger determination to LIVE, and the compassionate nature necessary to affect and insight positive energy and change around you. While this night is really just a symbolic celebration of all that is new, each and every day presents us with the same opportunities. Let us all realize we are capable of being what the world, our neighbors, and those we love and care about need. Be bold; this year really learn what it means to be alive and well.
No comments:
Post a Comment