Friday, October 17, 2014

Weather Ponderings

I love that it's been in the 70s and it's mid-October. Without a doubt it is somewhat bizarre, but given the coming weather, and the length of time it will stick around, I will take this autumnal mildness for as long as it could possibly last. Rain or shine.

Oh, the cold weather is around the corner, and typically I would commence with the moaning and groaning about it the moment it hits my skin. This year, as tough as it might be, I'm going to attempt to forego those complaints in favor of what I love about sub-zero temps. I believe I've made enough progress as an adult recently to be able to accept that winter is freezing and unpleasant, but it can also be cozy.

I adore sweaters and long socks. Love them in fact. Comfort food is another amazing benefit to cold weather; there's nothing quite like a hot stew to stave off the chill of single digit temperatures. And then there are all those amazing baked goods! Cozy clothes, pacifying hot foods, movies, Netflix, and good books. Who needs outdoor activities in the winter when there's all this great stuff to keep me nice and warm? Ha!

Father Winter, bring it on! This girl is prepared for your worst :)

No comments:

Post a Comment