Thursday, October 30, 2014

I adore Death Cab for Cutie. Haven't ever heard a song by them that I don't like; and I can't imagine I ever will. Of course now that they're officially pushing ahead without Chris Walla, that could change. It could just as easily be of little consequence to my auditory senses.

There might be a moment when I think 'eh, I'm not really in the mood for Death Cab', but all I have to do is here a few seconds of a song and I'm sucked in. Life tends to get me like that. Even during the times when I think I want to skip the rest of the day and get on with tomorrow, something inevitably surprises me. Grabs hold of me and I almost forget I was ready to pass up on the day.

It would be safe to say that I have a relatively mild case of A.D.D. When I was a kid, I was energetic, talkative, rambunctious...a literal headache inducer. Thankfully, I've left the rambunctiousness behind. Guaranteed there are people still find me possessing too much energy, talkative, and the source of headaches. There are times that I am just a bit too much, even for myself.

That's when listening to something like Death Cab is beneficial, not to just me, but to everyone in the immediate vicinity. Excess energy be damned, the soothing sounds and melodic flow of Death Cab is the best equalizer. At least it is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment