How bad you truly want something can be proven by the determination, and patience with which you possess and maintain on the road to achieving that goal. If you believe that you can, then the only way you will is if you don't give up. And sometimes there are going to be moments when you can't think of anything except throwing your hands up in the air, and just walking away.
The things I might have accomplished over the years, had I just put in the effort, or hung in just a little longer...well, it makes me shudder. No matter how I may want to lament over what could have been, I know enough to keep my focus on what is and what will be. What has passed, is behind me; nothing I can think of doing now, could ever bring back squandered opportunities. I don't have to let that wasteful behavior continue, however.
If I've gone a mile, then I will go another, and so on until I reach my destination. The only reason to stop before that, is because I've chosen to let the frustration, pain, and fear of failure win. No, this is my life, and I will do the things that I set out to do, because I can, and because my happiness depends on living up to my own beliefs and expectations. This is one area where expecting is the best way to stay focused and achieve.
No comments:
Post a Comment