Sunday, October 12, 2014

I Really Didn't See That Coming

I've long maintained that I loathe dating. It's all-around awkward, and there are no guarantees the time and effort put in will be worthwhile. It's also an unavoidable step if you want to find someone to share life with.

The amazing thing is, all it takes is one good experience to change that view. When it comes to my love life, I'm relatively selective about what I share, and with whom I share. That isn't likely to change much, though I will say I am currently enjoying the company of someone who has made me reconsider how I feel about the 'getting to know you' process.

It's as though I was given a do-over by the dating powers that be. Regardless of what happens, or whether this particular relationship develops into something more, the effects will undoubtedly propel me into life free of old held negativity. I think I finally understand that some things are better when misconceptions and past experiences are left at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment