Saturday, October 11, 2014

I'd Like To Look Back And Know That, Most Of The Time, I Tried

Being able to reconcile what I'm capable of with what I think I'm able to do has been interesting. Time and time again, I realize that I underestimate myself. I'd credit this with that lingering, annoying little emotion, fear.

I don't mind finding myself prone to uncertainty, however. The best thing to shore up confidence is the realization that you can do something you were skeptical about at first. I would hate to think that I'd seen and done everything in this life, so learning how to move old boundaries keeps life exciting.

Along with this thinking, I've also developed the acceptance that I might not be able to execute a task as well as I'd like the first few times I attempt it. Somewhere in there, with all those expanding limits and gentler inner voice, is deepening patience. The more that I try, the less I allow the thoughts that I 'can't' to hinder me. Making it over a hurdle, however shaky or clumsy my attempts might be, opens the door to those more important and beneficial thoughts of 'I can'.

No comments:

Post a Comment