Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Busy Bee, Yeah That's Me

Juggling all kinds of things is pretty crazy and stressful. I happen to function well with a good dose of each. Idle time has never been my friend, though I certainly do appreciate the value of down time. Still, I feel some sense of accomplishment when I'm doing more than just a couple things throughout the day.

Far from tire me out, this approach to life has kept me active and relatively young. At least mindfully so. I have this thought that if I slow down too often, for too long, I'll age instantly. Regardless of the ridiculousness of that, it's enough to keep me moving and busy.

Sometimes the initial reaction I have when I consider my schedule for the day is the desire to scream, but that's typically short-lived, and I'm off and running. Often literally. I really can't imagine not having a to-do list that threatens my sanity on the regular, and I don't want to. When I sit at the end of the night, that's it, I'm cooked. Until then, it's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment