Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My Heart And Soul, My Boys

So here's the thing: I talk about my sons. A LOT. Yes, I'm one of those parents. I can't help it; they are my world, and they're so freaking awesome!

If you manage to cross paths with me for any length of time, you will undoubtedly get to know my sons simply from hearing about them. I am fully aware that I find them more funny, more astoundingly awesome, and more unique than anyone else may ever be able to, but that is exactly how a parent should view their children.

It isn't as though those feelings color my entire view of them; if they are assholes, I call them on it. We've got great communication, albeit a bit on the shocking side at times. When you find meaning in life, it's impossible not to share, or go on and on about it.

There are people who don't understand, or cannot ever truly appreciate the value of that kind of happiness being shared. It's okay though, because not everyone has to get it. In all honesty, it just makes me realize how precious this kind of love is, and how lucky I am to be experiencing it. There is no way I'm even going to try to contain that.

No comments:

Post a Comment