Thursday, October 16, 2014

It's All About Where The Focus Is

The thing about working from home is that I've actually caught up on laundry, the dishes are done, and dinner is ready at a reasonable hour. There might come a time when I'm tired of staring at the same walls, looking out the same windows, but having some things remain reliably the same, isn't such a bad deal. Once the snow flies, I will have yet another reason to happy dance through my work week.

For now however, I am working on remaining as focused as possible on the task at hand. No productivity will ever come from allowing myself to be pulled in a million directions. All the good intention in the world means nothing, if there is little motivation behind it to make it happen. It's time to focus, and come up with a schedule that actually works for this new life.

I've never been an earlier riser...well, not a very willing one, anyway. I'm convinced that in order to keep my home life and work separate, getting up early is the key. The catch is that I actually need to get to bed earlier, and make myself get out of that warm, cozy bed far earlier than I have been.

There are certainly no shortages of improvement points in life and within who we are. If we operate our day to day believing that we will reach our goals and then it's all smooth sailing and effort free, what a huge disappointment we are in for. The world keeps spinning, the hours pass by, and everything we knew yesterday has, at the very least, a slightly different view to it. Being whomever you are is something that is constantly evolving; to remain the same for too long, is to become stagnant and ineffective. Own the effort it is to be who you are, and embrace the gifts of excitement and adventure that the constant morphing of you and your life offers.

The sooner we stop approaching life with the expectation that things will plateau and there is an end to expended efforts, the more quickly we can learn to manage our energy, and appreciate the value of our ongoing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment