Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I'd Rather Sightsee Than Twiddle My Thumbs In Annoyance

Even with all the changes, I don't always love being in my own skin. It is far easier to get through the discomfort now than it was two years ago. More often than not, I figure out that I'm going through some subliminal, spiritual transformation that's causing the urge to want to crawl out of the me I've been wearing up until that point.

Those occasional moments when I don't love all of me, they make me smile now. Recognizing that something better is emerging, rather than something negative festering, is the absolute key. It isn't as though I'm not aware that there is negative energy associated with whatever I'm going through, I've just made the conscious effort to turn my attention to the positive.

The more I do this, the more I anticipate the appearance of good things in my life. Despite the rather drawn out fashion with which my new career path has unfurled, my focus remains trained on the positive direction. It isn't how long it takes to get to where you're going, it's about enjoying the road along the way.

Years have passed in what seems like hours, leaving me stunned every so often when I think about all I have seen. It is an absolute senseless use of time to concern myself with impatience and regret. I am on the road that will take me to the next point in my life; how far I travel and how long it takes isn't of great concern. Forward progression, enrichment, and growth are all that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment