One of the most recurring challenges in my life over the past decade has been diet. Not as in I-need-to-lose-weight, or the-latest-eating-fad diet, but as in I'm-tired-of-feeling-like-shit-physically-and-mentally-so-what-foods-do-I-eliminate-now kind of diet. This process has been in continuous flux since I found out I was allergic to onions. Currently faced with yet another issue, I have begun to seriously look at how I eat.
Far from wanting to obsess about what I eat, the prospects of revamping my food choices are numerous. I realize that what I fuel my body with is just as important as what I feed my soul, and making the right choices are paramount to being healthy. If I feel less than one hundred percent, than how can I appreciate life at one hundred percent? Easy enough.
So why is it so daunting to navigate the waters of sustenance? How do I know what will reset and heal me from the inside out? By utilizing intelligence and common sense. While it makes absolute sense to stick with fresh, unaltered, unprocessed foods, achieving that level of dedication is another thing entirely.
Without a doubt, I am fully aware of my dependency on quick foods. I have a penchant for sugar and carbohydrates, and my fiber intake is pathetically lacking. My entire life's eating experience has been ultimately based on that ridiculous food pyramid. Even since changing to a gluten-free lifestyle. My entire quick choice attitude about food is not only outdated, but unhealthy too. Of course I am conscious of the fact that all the shortcuts and excuse-laden choices have led to my present state. Knowing and taking corrective action are two different things.
It occurs to me that as I detoxified my heart and mind by making the effort to focus on the positive aspects of life, I need to detoxify my physical self, and introduce better food choices, and healthier living in general. Time to ditch refined sugars, increase fiber and protein, and kick the carb obsession altogether.
No comments:
Post a Comment