Monday, October 6, 2014

And The World Keeps Spinning...

Ever stop for a moment, and realize how fast the life you lead is going? Day in and day out, routine rules the hours, occasionally challenged by last minute additions, subtractions, and unexpected turns. In the moment when I am aware of how quickly a week has gone by, I know I've missed moments I can never get back. It becomes clear I need to prioritize, and reset my focus to preserve my soul.

The thing about living life is that that perfect balance is different for everyone. I tend to run at a faster rate than some, and maybe far slower than others. There are rare occasions when I get to sit and let the world continue on around me without feeling the need to join in. Those are the moments that I am astounded by how much life my days contain.

Taking a few minutes at the end of every day, no matter how crazy it may have been, has helped me do a bit more appreciating, and be more cognizant of what amazing things and incredible people I come into contact with. I remember far more, connect more often, and seem to repeat lessons I have yet to learn much less than I use to. It may be that I'm getting older, but I know I've also chosen to seek wiseness from experience and living life fully awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment