Tuesday, May 13, 2014

This Life Is All It Should Be And A Lot More

Everything in life just seems better when I'm focused on positive and healthy things. What use to upset me for hours or days, now just irritates me briefly. I find the silver lining so much faster, and set myself back on the path I want to be on before I get incredibly sidetracked.

If I were to live my life again, as tempted as I might be to change things, I cannot imagine altering the life I am living now. The hardships, heartache, and challenges are worth being able to look around me and love where I am and the people I am with. There may have been other roads I could have taken, but none of them would have led me here.

I don't need perfect, but I do need real. Quiet, reflective moments, full-belly laughter with friends, and watching my sons grow up mean everything to me. If there is a reality that I don't have even one of those things, I am glad that I am in this one.

This day I am where I am because I choose to be; any time spent on wishing or wondering why I was not some place or with someone else just helped me navigate this path when it was difficult to see it. I'm far less worried or afraid of tomorrow, because I know it will always be what I make it, though I might not see the full picture without looking back occasionally. Yes, everything in my life - even if I can't see, or haven't decided what comes next, I know whatever it is will be just what it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment