Fairly regularly, people tell me I ought to write a book based on the stories and experiences that have filled my years as a hair stylist. In truth, there is more than a book's worth of material. It is something I have considered doing a number of times; I just haven't figured out what format to put it all in.
Good things, bad things, and a whole lot of ooohhhh girrlllllll! things might make a fun read. Of course, I'd want it to be paired with a dos and don'ts list of being a client. For now, I am just jotting down as many things as I remember, and maybe I'll figure out how to package it in a way that people might be interested.
The wonderful, yet difficult thing about writing is the more I do it, the more ideas flood my already crammed full brain. This makes it a challenge to devote uninterrupted attention to any one project. One of the reasons I was able to juggle multiple stories when I worked for a newspaper was because I naturally focus swap. While it worked great for my job as a reporter, it hasn't translated as well in productive writing.
Routine; it comes down to routine and space. A regular frame of time to write and a space that's conducive to focus. Yes, it might sound like excuses, but the reality for someone whose thoughts dart here, there, and everywhere it is an absolute necessity.
I'd say I've got a little finagling to do here.
No comments:
Post a Comment