Thunder and I are not friends. I'm not really sure when my dislike for thunderstorms started, but I've loathed them for much of my life. It's a loud, frightening disturbance that I tense up upon hearing. Ah, but if I'm attempting to find the silver lining in each day, I may need to work around this particular negative reaction.
Admittedly, I need to work on this one. For tonight however, I will just say that I'm quite happy the booms, cracks, and ominous sounds lasted only a short while. And should I ever have wondered what it might be like to live under a waterfall, I need only look out my windows. The rain is really coming down now... as far as I'm concerned, it may continue as long as it keeps the thunder away.
Next storm, not that I'm welcoming it any day soon, I think I might attempt to listen to the atmosphere talk, and push the detesting of thunder I have long felt aside just to see if there's something good there that I've been missing. Yeah, right! Perhaps I will just work at adjusting my focus to something other than the sky crashing into itself. Far more likely I think.
Thankfully, I have a number of things to occupy my mind, and music to fill my ears, because oddly enough - I love the sound of drums :)
No comments:
Post a Comment