My go-to beach spot for the summer has been found, and I couldn't be more excited. Sort of makes me wish I was independently wealthy, so that I could spend every single sunny day there listening to the waves roll in. Without the danger of skin cancer, of course.
One of my neighbors asked me today if I was happy with my choice to relocate here. Without a doubt, I am quiet happy. For me, living and working in the same area became too much. There was no way I could be out doing anything without running into people I know. I needed anonymity, but what's more I needed to be closer to the ocean. In less than 10 minutes I can be at any number of beaches, ready to take in as much ocean air as possible...happiness abounds.
As long as I am by the ocean, I can find as much positive energy as I need muster. Yesterday and today were enough to recharge, after a draining two weeks. When I think of a happy place, somewhere I could let my mind wander off too when life ups the ante, it is always salt water blue.
After my afternoon reading and peacefully sitting, watching the waves roll in, that very same neighbor made the observation that I seem like a happy, balanced person. Were there any doubt that I imagined the ocean's effect on me, that comment proved that enough positive light shows through for anyone to see. Despite all the sad and/or negative things that happen, being able to continue to project genuine happiness makes me all the more sure my life has a meaning, purpose.
What boosts you up? Where do you go to regenerate your frame of mind? How often do you go there?
I don't believe a place that gives our souls strength and intensity should be rationed. Go to them every chance you get. Absorb every ounce of energy they offer, because the beautiful thing is their meaning and effect rarely fade.
No comments:
Post a Comment