My youngest sister added another year to her life experience today. I may have mildly embarrassed her by singing Happy Birthday while I brought her a red velvet cupcake, complete with candle. Of course it was in the middle of a busy salon, so...
It goes without saying that I love her, and honestly I admire and adore her as well. She is a loving and creative mother; her sons have never wanted for entertainment or hugs. While we all have our own ways of raising our children, I sometimes wish I had done more inventive and crafty things with my two sons. I have watched her in awe, become a devoted and supportive wife. She is full of surprises that express her love and appreciation; something too few of us make the time for. The thoughtful and involved nature she possesses goes beyond her own doors, as she is quite possibly one of the best gift givers, complete with unique and festive presentation. In my next life, I should attempt to be half as clever.
One of the things she has taught me, without even realizing she has, is to speak up and say what is on my mind. Not that I have had a difficult time speaking up, but I did struggle with allowing my emotions to get in the way of effectively communicating what I wanted to say. I always know that she will give me her honest impression, answer, or advice, and I know if I ever need a listening ear, she will always be there.
Fate threw us together when our parents married, and life created the unbreakable bonds shared by sisters. I have watched her go through many difficult times, and come out stronger and wiser. She is talented and inspirational; an amazing and vibrant soul. Her smile and laughter are infectious; her sense of style, enviable. Life blessed me with this resilient spirit with whom I am sharing the incredible journey of sisterhood. The birthday of such soul is indeed worthy of celebrating.
Happy birthday, Melissa. Thank you for everything you do, and for every ounce of who you are to the world around you. Cannot wait to see how fabulous the next 36 (and many more) years are with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment