Saturday, May 17, 2014

Looking Ahead

Having bid another farewell, I am hopeful that the coming weeks bring a fresh start and a far more uplifting atmosphere. Spring is suppose to signify new life, so when end after end came, retaining focus on new life and promise became somewhat challenging. Given the extended winter, maybe this was just the last push of bitter cold making it's existence a bit more unforgettable. The leaves are out and the flowers are beginning to come up, it's safe to say warmer days and better weather are ahead. 

There are aspects of my life that are routine, despite the fact that I may not see them as such. Typical things like chores, work and spending time with my sons are so ingrained, I forget that they represent order, without which I cannot imagine the cluster fuck my days would be. When it comes to other things that would benefit greatly from a bit more 'routine', I have a tough time instituting it. Particularly when it comes to writing. 

A large part of why I am writing these daily entries is to keep myself in a writing mood. The problem is that beyond this blog, I am not doing the type of writing I should be doing. There is always something else to do, somewhere to go, and in Maine, when summer comes calling this girl drops everything to take it all in. Yes, I need a bit more discipline in my life. Mr. Sunshine and Mrs. WarmWeather are convincing, what with there temptations of fun and relaxation. It's all fun and games with those two, work and discipline are sorely out of place from May until September.

It's time I began a more focused and productive routine. This means that I will be foregoing nights out, and making the most of good weather in a few hours here and there, while also finding time to write as I've been meaning to. There are no excuses. There is also no reason I can't find a way to have my summer and give my keyboard a proper workout at the same time. So long as there is discipline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment