My youngest son has become the kid I 'drag with me' everywhere. The store, beach, fundraising benefits - bra shopping...yes, it is totally appropriate to feel sorry for this poor boy. He rarely complains about it though, which is amazing since he is a teenager and it's in his DNA to complain.
He asked me what I will do when he moves away. My reply was that I didn't want to even begin thinking about that. I'd put that reality off forever, if it were within my control.
Conversations with my friends have revealed that I'm not alone in the reluctance to entertain this kind of future thinking. The unknown has always made me apprehensive, but when it comes to my sons, I'm nearly always ready to bolt in the other direction. It isn't that I'm unable to accept that a future without my sons is rapidly approaching, I'm just not in the mood to acknowledge it at the moment.
So, until they leave the house for good, I will continue to 'drag along' for as long as they allow me to.
No comments:
Post a Comment