Thursday, May 29, 2014

I Really Think I'm More Of A Warm Weather Pers...Squirrel!!!

I've got this idea, to write a book about something scifi-ish, YA genre. I've made decent headway and the ideas just keep rolling in. I've got to get my youngest to the bus stop for 6:55 tomorrow morning. I hope I can sleep; being at mom's sometimes makes that tough. The whole 'sleeping in a bed that isn't mine and on the wrong side altogether because it feels weird to sleep on 'my' side of the bed" thing really does a number on restful sleep. I can't wait to see Marcy tomorrow! Really miss the kitty cat these days. Cannot believe that father and son argued back and forth about a hair cut and put me in the middle of it today. Hope to gawd the whole drama I've been sucked back into is finally over.

That, up there ^... just a tiny hint at what my brain does on a regular, non-stop basis. Is it any wonder I have a tough time concentrating on writing? Seriously, it's a miracle I manage to get any number of things accomplished with that shit going on. I have little doubt that I'm living with a slight case of A.D.D. Well, that and being a multi-tasking female. Quite a combo.

I've often thought it's a good thing I'm single, since this overactive, obligation and interest driven thought process might leave a significant other or love interest feeling slightly neglected...or at the very least confused. The more I attempt to 'control' my thoughts and tendencies to venture of course, the more side trips my mind finds. I'm surprised that I manage to maintain the friendships I have so well.

Back to writing. My best ideas always seem to come when I am unable to take a moment and write them down. Someday I will figure out how to 'trick' my brain into thinking it's super late and I have to work early, so that I can take advantage of all the awesome material that generates just from lying there relaxed and just seconds away from sleep. It'd be nice to be able to snap right into typing each and every thought down before they disappear into the night. Pen and paper beside the bed sucks out loud. Who the hell isn't going to lose at least half a thought fumbling for the light and adjusting their eyesight to write coherent and legibly? I've found that at least with the Notes app on my iPhone I manage to quickly tap out some of these thoughts and can usually decipher the misspellings the next day.

I'm just rambling now; otherwise known as "I'm experiencing far too many thoughts at one time to communicate any one of them". I hear there is medication for this. Of course that just brings up the whole debate I have with myself about any kind of prescribed 'assistance', since I loathe the idea of putting more chemicals into my body than I already do just breathing and controlling allergies. I swear I'm not neurotic, my brain just never shuts up. I'm fairly certain most people are happy that I've learned how to keep most of that noise to myself. Every so often I spout off, and then it's business as usual.

Writing, writing, writing. I really need to be writing. Given the day I had, that isn't a task that will be productive this evening. Tomorrow looks promising. So, I'll hit the sheets and be compelled to tap, tap, tap away in Notes for the first hour I attempt to drift off to sleep. I wonder what my brain will think up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment