Tuesday, August 23, 2016

See The Opportunities Life Presents You

I can honestly say that I am in love with life. I'm not crazy about what the cooler mornings and nights mean, but everything else is peachy keen. Fall is one of my favorite times of year (Hello? Football!) — if only it lasted straight through to Spring. I love the crispness in the air, the changing colors in the trees, and the smell of it all. And sweaters. I absolutely love sweaters.

Some years I accrue more memories of summertime fun than I do others. Sadly, this year was pretty short on excursions and outings. Life got busier than anticipated and most of the things I had planned on doing turned into missed opportunities. Of course, they weren't really missed in the sense that I passed up on them or didn't act on them, they were missed because I had obligations that couldn't be set aside without consequence. So, the summer is fast coming to an end and I am trying to reconcile the fact that I will have to wait until next year.

This gives me something to look forward to, while it also makes me take a hard look at the way I work and get things done. Barring a few unavoidable circumstances, I think that having not done the things I enjoy nearly as often as I typically do, means I need to reevaluate my routine. In all honesty, it's been far too long since I've assessed what works and what doesn't. Having just moved and upheaved my life, there are many aspects of the schedule I had before that have yet to settle back into place. I can think of no better opportunity to make the changes than this.



No comments:

Post a Comment