It's better in the long run that I missed out on a few fun moments than to have pushed myself too hard. The last thing I want is for this healing process to take any longer than it has to. A setback would mean more time out of life, so to speak, and that isn't negotiable for me. There's a maximum amount of time that I can tolerate being on the sideline and it doesn't include overdoing it and making things worse.
Occasionally, this means I must miss out on things I would much rather be doing. Of course, if I heed my own sense of balance I won't have to miss out on more things than planned. I've lived a full enough life so far, and if by some chance I miss out on something that's once in a lifetime, I will survive and take comfort in all the things I have seen and experienced. There's quite likely to be other unique must-dos that will come my way, all I need to do is be focused enough on living to recognize them when they come into view. Until then, I'll continue this slower pace to ensure I'm in the best physical and mental state possible when those opportunities do present themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment