Sunday, August 14, 2016

Bright Moon

The moon and sky were so amazing tonight. There was a soft, hazy layer of clouds over the bright light of the moon, and patches of clouds that looked almost iridescent. Stars shone through, twinkling in the open stretches of sky. I wouldn't have seen much of it had I not moved here. 

We are far away enough from the city that the glow of civilization doesn't interfere with the view of nature. To be able to stand outside in the summer night air and just take in all of the incredible beauty above us is something I never realized I would enjoy so much. I don't take the time nearly enough to sit in awe of this world we live in. 

I won't waste the chance to enjoy and revel in theses incredible nights and amazing mornings. I have been graced with a peaceful place to call home by the Universe and I can't imagine ignoring any of it. There are many things that I could list that I would change about this place, but I'd prefer to focus on the things I am grateful for. 

I could have sat outside and just watched  the night sky for hours, were in not for the mosquitos and my current comfort in sitting issues. Rather than miss out on it entirely, I braved the blood thirsty, winged pests to pause and be awed by Mother Nature and the Universe. Pictures don't nearly do it justice, but what a sight it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment